Assisting sale of client building

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
I have a client with a building that will sell for anywhere from 3 to 5 million. I have been assisting him for sometime with their delinquent tax issues and the recent potential sale to another investor that they brought in.

That deal is on standby and owner wants me to bring in and coordinate a team that will try and get the place sold in 6 months.

I want a cut of the pie, not an hourly rate. If broker comes in and gets a hefty payday, well, I want a cut.
I of course want my cut to be legal and proper. Does anyone have experience in brokering or contracts that will allow me to get a cut. And then what cut size is proper. I am not doing a ton other than finding the firm to sell it and then acting as support agent for them.

I was thinking somewhere from 1/2 to 1 percent. But I am not sure what might be normal and customary.

Double check the real estate agent laws in your state. (And how quickly you can get your license.) If you are not a licensed real estate agent, you may not be allowed to get a percentage

Return to Business Operations and Development