Hiring an experienced accountant

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Wiles  
We wish to hire an experienced accountant, someone who has been out of college at least 4 years. Either a CPA or somebody who is serious about getting their CPA. We will place ads with Cal CPA. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have stayed away from all social media, as I view those as time-sucks. I am not sure how I would even go about using LinkedIn (or something else) to find the right person.

TaxDude  
Have you tried Craigslist? That's where I post my job openings with pretty good success and it's only $25 per category.

We've not had very good luck with Craig's List when it comes to professional, skilled personnel. There are several more sophisticated employment sites out there, at varying costs to use, such as Monster.com. But before using them, I'd look into what the California Society of CPAs has available. They might offer a jobs listing board at their website or in their publications, and then your listing will be going straight to the source. You'll be hitting only people who are CPAs, or are in the process of becoming CPAs. Don't know about California, but many state CPA societies do have such boards.

Coddington  
What works best for hiring appears to vary by job market. The combination of LinkedIn and recruiters appears to be successful. So does using Indeed.com for job listings. I've heard it is different in cities with vibrant and respectable Craigslist communities.
-Brian

Director of Tax Accounting Methods & Credits
SourceAdvisors.com

Opinions my own.

Return to Business Operations and Development