Intuit Practice Management

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Wiles  
I have been sitting on the sidelines waiting for Intuit to show that they are serious about their IPM product. After not hearing anything for some time, I did an internet search. The product seemed to be missing from Intuit's website. I finally found this announcement: http://www.bigtime.net/blog/tag/ipm/

Intuit seems to have thrown their hands up and turned this over to another 3rd party provider. This appears to be a current trend at Intuit.

Are there any IPM users out there? How is the product? Is this announcement from BigTime a good thing for the product or just another thing to make us scratch our head about Intuit?

Wiles  

Rupert  
Wiles, I was just about to ask you the other day about your experience with Intuit Practice Management. I remember discussing with you over on TA. I guess there's no need to ask now. :-)

We ended up going with Office Tools Professional. We have only implemented pieces of the software, so I can't really give a full blown review. In a nutshell, I think it is an excellent tool. My biggest complaint is the number of issues/bugs I've found in the software, which has certainly impacted my confidence in the software. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't trust it enough yet to sync with Lacerte or QB.

Wiles  
Hi Rupert. Yes. I remember to talking to you over there. Our top 2 choices were IPM and Practice CS. We were waiting, anticipating there would be big improvements to IPM. But, alas, another project of theirs has been sacked. An alarming trend. This does make the decision about jumping to Practice CS, and, likely, UltraTax easier. I guess if you wait long enough all big decisions get made for you.

Return to Business Operations and Development