Can I get out of Lacerte autorenew?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
kathyt  
I already auto renewed with Lacerte for 2014, but we don't pay until the end of October, but the auto renew gives a discount on the price so I did it. But Ultra tax sent me a demo that I really was impressed with, and I am considering switching if it isn't too late. I'm just really fed up with Lacerte, cancelling the DMS was a really big issue for me, I went with efilecabinet instead of what Lacerte suggested (Smart Vault) because Smart Vault is only available in the cloud; and that won't work in my office because of internet outages that occur often. I thought efile cabinet would work, but it's a pain. Like today I had to attach a pdf attachment to a return, I had to drag it to the desktop in order to attach it - during a busy tax season my desktop will end up so jumbled, I'm just fed up with Lacerte. Utra tax had a bundle for 8,000 or so, for unlimited 1040, 1120, 1065, 1120S, 2 states, their own DMS program, plus more that I can't remember. Lacerte was around 4,800 I think but that was just 1040 & 1 state, everything else is REP and I am pretty certain I spent over $4,000 in REP fees last year, so price wise I think it's pretty close but I think if I"m going to spend that much on software a year I should at least get it from a company that caters to tax professionals and it seems like Lacerte isn't doing that anymore, they ended TA & shortly after that announcement they ended DMS, what's next? Before I call Lacerte to try & get out of it I was just wondering if anyone else has every gotten out of it?

PDXCPA  
I've done my research and I am also switching to UltraTax from Lacerte. I've been wanting to do this for a couple years now. UltraTax comes with a document management program as part of the package.

Wiles  
We are also in the process of switching to UltraTax, even though it has a stupid name. It reminds me of the 1970s Japanese program Ultra Man that I loves when I was a kid. Anyhow, I called my Lacerte account pacifier. He told me that we had until Oct 31 to cancel.

Return to Business Operations and Development