PDF filler or similar program

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Gjkycpa  
Anybody use PDF filler to prepare computer generated tax forms where all tax calculations are made manually.
I need to file a KY inheritance tax return. KY website has downloadable forms, but data can not be entered. Are there any other programs that might do this.

Thanks
Gary

makbo  
If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can type text directly anywhere on the page in a PDF file. I have even scanned in paper documents and then used this feature because I hate filling out paper forms by pen.

CathysTaxes  
Adobe Reader will also allow you to enter text
Cathy
CathysTaxes

eze  
It sounds like you actually need to add the text field. I like NitroPDF. The full version of Adobe is wonderful....but also much more money.

makbo  
CathysTaxes wrote:Adobe Reader will also allow you to enter text

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that. I just tested it on my old laptop which is running Win 10 and latest version of Acrobat Reader. While you may be able to fill in a PDF that has form fields defined, I'm talking about the ability to typewrite text anywhere on a PDF that is only an image, for example (no fields and no selectable text).

Frankly  
Gjkycpa wrote:I need to file a KY inheritance tax return. KY website has downloadable forms, but data can not be entered.
If the form was created as a "fillable" form, any PDF reader, or no reader at all, will allow one to enter data into the fillable fields. Here's an example of a fillable PDF:
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040ez.pdf

CathysTaxes  
makbo wrote:
CathysTaxes wrote:Adobe Reader will also allow you to enter text

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that. I just tested it on my old laptop which is running Win 10 and latest version of Acrobat Reader. While you may be able to fill in a PDF that has form fields defined, I'm talking about the ability to typewrite text anywhere on a PDF that is only an image, for example (no fields and no selectable text).

I do it all the time. I have Reader on my laptop, which I will use to add text and to add a signature. Look under Tools/Fill and Sign and there are tools that allow you to add text. I have Adobe Acrobat on my desktop and it has a lot more features.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

HowardS  
Cathy is right.
PDFtypewriter is another option.
Retired, no salvage value.

makbo  
HowardS wrote:Cathy is right. PDFtypewriter is another option.

I stand corrected. My only defense is that I haven't used Reader much in years, and I'm pretty sure this feature was not available several major versions back. Maybe all the freebie 3rd party apps forced Adobe to expand the free feature set.

Noobie  
We use Adobe Acrobat XI Standard, and it lets us enter text boxes, then type in them.

Return to Business Operations and Development