Illinois Tax School

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Has anyone done the "Comprehensive Tax Preparer Training" online class through Illinois Tax School? If so, how was your experience?

dingus  
I know some guys that go every year. They seem to like it. I've been considering going since I got their flier and it advertised "everything you need to know about ACA compliance"!

They go to the online class every year?

...I've been, a few times, to the IL Tax School (Champaign/Urbana campus)...it's pretty good. I would think the same about anything they do online.

dingus  
Lol, ok no. I missed that part. They go to the one you go to CK.

Rupert  
Just to clarify...

I believe atlascpa is referring to a specific course available online designed for training new preparers. I have no experience with this course.

I think dingus and CK are referring to the Fall Tax Schools and/or various other In-Depth Seminars put on by the University of Illinois Tax School. I've been to the Fall Tax Schools and a few other in-depth seminars over the last few years. I've been pleased with the courses and books.

If anyone is interested, an archive of the Federal Tax Workbook (book used for Fall Tax Schools) from 1997 through 2011 is available for free on the website: http://www2.taxschool.illinois.edu/taxbookarchive/

Rupert - You are correct. Thank you for posting the workbooks for the Fall Tax School, I wasn't aware that they posted these.

I went to Champaign Urbana in fall of 2006. What helped me was taking their test after i left. It took days, literally, to research and understand how to correctly answer each question. I if I expect to absorb all the info while I'm their that will never happen, there was way too much info.

Rupert  
Terry Oraha wrote:I went to Champaign Urbana in fall of 2006. What helped me was taking their test after i left. It took days, literally, to research and understand how to correctly answer each question. I if I expect to absorb all the info while I'm their that will never happen, there was way too much info.

Terry, I'm curious about the test you mentioned. Was this part of the Fall Tax Schools?

You know I'm not sure if it was a Fall Tax Schools. I just looked into FTS and that's a two day program. I was there for a 5 days Mon- Fri and got 40 hours of credit.

Terry

Return to Business Operations and Development