Tax Rep Boot Camps

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
brusso  
I am an EA and have been doing Representation for about 6 months. Got an email from an outfit that offers a 'Boot Camp" for IRS resolutions. This is a training camp for OIC, POAs, Installment agreements, Abatements Employment tax problems Innocent Spouse, et al. Has anyone attended these types of seminars? This one is 2 days sponsored by ASTPS and costs about $850 for both days. I want to get a feel for how good or not good of a value is this training. Also, I cant seem to find any other types of training in this field although I am sure there is some outfit wanting to take my money. So, if anyone knows of other training aids, please post
thanks

I attended this a few years back when I was a newer EA. It is actually an excellent program and taught by instructors who are NTPI graduates. I am told there is a lot more info on how to market yourself for resolution work that what is provided at NTPI. For the two days of time you get a ton of education. I don't know if it is still true or not, but it use to be you could retake for half price the following year. There was so much information to absorb in the two days , that many attendees were there taking advantage of that offer.

Return to Business Operations and Development