Carrier sheets for scanning small docs

Key tips and advice the working tax pro can use.
Gruntworx, SurePrep, probably TR don't want more than one doc per page. Used to tape docs to blank paper but scanner sometimes got confused and stopped, not jammed. Turned page detection but still happens sometimes.

Using Fujitsu clear carrier sheets is faster than taping to paper and fewer mis scans. But the sheets are very expensive and awkward because legal size. My understanding is that the box codes at top of each sheet tells Fujitsu scanner to recognize the carrier sheet as single page.

Questions:

1. How well do the much cheaper non Fujitsu carrier sheets work re jamming and stoppages?

2.Can you cut the Fujitsu sheets down to 8.5 by 11 without any issue scanning?

I'm hearing 8.5x11 AccuFax document carrier sheets are half price of Fujitsu. Come in both sides transparent, and in one side solid white.

No proprietary Fujitsu bar codes. But those seem to be meant for scanning very wide documents that you fold in half.
http://www.documentsnap.com/scansnap-ca ... documents/

I'm tending to white because have never seen a double sided small printed tax doc with important info on flip side. Good scanner software should detect the white side as blank and skip including in the pdf. One less page to delete.

https://www.amazon.com/Accufax-Document ... 189&sr=8-1

Andee  
Len, I use the 2nd ones you linked. The white backing does have a very faint design, but I have my Fujitsu set to skip blank pages, so it's not been a problem. These work extremely well.

Andee, that's what I just ordered. the mfg. PM told me that despite some sites saying there's a clear and a white version, there is only a single sided white version. That's ok if the scanner skips it and i can't recall any small tax docs having data on both sides. Best price I found if order is over $45 gets free shipping is officesupply.com

(the mfg, PM is quaint. 100 year old family owned)

Apparently, the expensive Fujitsu carrier sheets are the only ones sold that can do double sided scanning or legal size.

Return to Tax Prep: Important tips and advice