keyboard macros

Key tips and advice the working tax pro can use.
Looking for a util will assign "right click, cursor down 6 times, hit enter" to say Ctrl 9 key combo instead of having to use a mouse to do that. (it's the way one "ticks" a number in Go System. When using browser version, the GST keyboard shortcuts don't work.)

Came across built-in MS Shift F10 combo which is = right click. So if there was a keyboard util app that could memorize that and the 6 cursor downs, that might work. maybe, because it seems that one first has to click within the popup before cursoring down six times, and then hitting enter.) There's also the MS keyboard key on the lower right of some keyboards between the Windows key and the Ctrl key that's equiv to right clicking. Unfortunately my ergonomic keyboard omitted that key.

Candidates include

TinyTask

MacroRecorder

AutoHotkey

Bartels

MiniMouse

Then there's the built in MS Mouse macro function, which might not work with my trackball:

https://www.apowersoft.com/mouse-keyboa ... ac.html#_1

ATSMAN  
Drake software allows for keyboard Macros that you can program within the program for mundane tasks. Most users find that very helpful with certain forms like the due diligence questions.

Try the various utilities first because it can interfere with other programs. I used to have an old macro utility and it interfered with my software.

Return to Tax Prep: Important tips and advice