IRS TIN Verification servive

Key tips and advice the working tax pro can use.
Hi,
I recently signed up to use the IRS TIN verification tool on the IRS website.
After many tries, I managed to complete the application and use it a few times. I've found the log in process very prone to errors. I'll go through the l process and right before it brings me to the application, it logs me out.
I've tried it using chrome and Internet explorer. I called the IRS Efile help desk and they said I need to use Internet explorer with all other browsers closed. Nevertheless, almost every time I login regardless of how I do it, the system logs me out.
Would anyone have any advice on how to remedy this?
The TIN verification tool would be very useful, if I could just manage to log on.

Thanks.

Internet explorer? Omg, no longer supported for quite some time.....

I use it with Firefox and do not have the issues you are experiencing. Having said that, last time I used it was probably back in sept. So not sure if this is a recent issue for you on ongoing. Maybe virus software doing something weird?

Joan TB  
On the landing page for e-services at IRS.gov https://www.irs.gov/e-services:

E-Services is designed to be compatible with Internet Explorer 9.0 and higher only, other browsers are not currently supported.

I admit that I use either Edge or IE for e-services, and usually both work just fine. I do notice some small differences in how the e-services webpages work on the different browsers, though. However, whenever I am having trouble with e-services, I find that switching to IE usually fixes the problem.

Return to Tax Prep: Important tips and advice