Pennsylvania Estimated Taxes Hotline

Key tips and advice the working tax pro can use.
Erin_EA  
Hi all, anyone familiar with 1-888-PATAXES? This is the 24-hour hotline you can use to check a client's estimated payments. A coworker and I have been experiencing issues with it. The hotline seems to not have the proper information. It is not recognizing estimated payments which we are pretty certain that the clients made. I spoke to a PA rep, but she didn't really know what I was talking about. (PA doesn't have a practitioner-only hotline) Has anyone else experienced PA estimated payments not being reported on the hotline? Thanks.

CPA1  
I retired a couple of years ago and haven't used the system lately, but I found it to be enormously helpful back in the day. I once had a recently widowed client who had the department-issued coupons (joint) and the single coupons that I had provided for the same tax year. She made 3 payments correctly and one using the joint coupon that ended up under her spouse's SSN. PA has a form that you can use to transfer estimated payments if that is the case, but it's probably easier to get copies of checks and deal with correspondence when it comes.

rotsky  
Yeah...it's been messed up for about a week. Check out https://mypath.pa.gov/_/#8 and you can get the same information. It's actually a lot better, you'll see.

Return to Tax Prep: Important tips and advice