Website information

How to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.
Aloha Chris, I have the dubious honor, and I emphasize dubious for a variety of reasons, of now being on the board of my HOA. One of my goals in doing this is to eliminate our property management people. In doing so, I think it's important for our small subdivision to set up a website for communicating with members, and possibly some other things that a website can offer. Can you do that? or can you refer me to an entity who can do that? We are very small (34 lots) so we are also not rich, something our previous board didn't seem to get, so in making a recommendation I'd like to be able to emphasis cost effectiveness and how it will help us self manage (BTW we also have no common areas or assets).

chris  
Sure; if you want to move this conversation to email just send to admin, at the name of our website here - or use the contact link up top ^^. At the very least I can help give you some ideas to think about...and perhaps even configure something for you.
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

makbo  
actionbsns wrote:Aloha Chris, [...] I think it's important for our small subdivision to set up a website for communicating with members, and possibly some other things that a website can offer. [...] I'd like to be able to emphasis cost effectiveness and how it will help us self manage (BTW we also have no common areas or assets).

I was waiting to reply in deference to Chris, but now that he's responded, my suggestion is to try something simple and free like Google Groups, Yahoo! Groups, or a even a closed (private) Facebook group. I believe with all these options you can not only promote group discussion, but also post documents and conduct informal polls.

You might want to take a look at Nextdoor. For communication, it's fine, if you don't mind the advertising. It would certainly provide a discussion forum to get you started. Of course, you will also see posts from other neighborhoods, but every member has the option of turning those off. Members can post to their own neighborhood or to as many as they care to. Hopefully homeowners in your subdivision will be careful in what they select when posting!

Of course, if you are looking for more than a discussion board, Nextdoor is not going to be your only need.

Thanks for your replies. I've been tied up for the last week or so since this election, this is the first chance I've had to stop by here. Great suggestions. Chris, I'll send you an e-mail.

Return to Forum Usage Q&A