Research Resources

How to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.
dennis  

CathysTaxes  
Thanks Dennis.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

Wiles  
Suggestion: Place these links somewhere on the site, labeled "Tax Pro Links" or whatever. I am sure there are many others that can be added & organized by the oligarchs of this site. Perhaps the Links page of this site would have an area for the members to make suggestions for additional links.

I'll second that, Wiles. I believe the Cornell project exists partly on donations. If we are going to link to the site, would it be appropriate to mention that and even gently encourage it?

chris  
Great ideas and something I would like to integrate into the main portion of this site. Right now it's just a wordpress 'placeholder' (go to www.taxprotalk.com main page to see what I mean) -- but it will afford the opportunity to have key links, RSS newsfeeds, articles, etc. This is an area of the site that will be fertile ground to develop, over time.
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

Is there a difference between using the Cornell site for the regs and the ecfr.gov site? I use Cornell for the IRC, but ecfr.gov for the regs, so I don't know whether Cornell keeps the regs as up to date.

Also, let's not forget LegalBitStream.

Coddington  
Cornell also has the regs, but I don't trust their currency. Time was that even their Code was out-of-date since they relied on the House's US Code which was only updated every couple of years back then. Now it is updated more frequently. You can find it here. ECFR is great for temporary and final regulations, but you have to go to the IRB or Federal Register for proposed regulations.
-Brian

Director of Tax Accounting Methods & Credits
SourceAdvisors.com

Opinions my own.

Return to Forum Usage Q&A