How to Mark Just 1 Item as Read

How to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.
RuthC  
Is there a way to mark an item as "read" if it has many pages that haven't been read? I usually just click on the mark as read tab when I see a lot of unread items that don't interest me. But after I do that some with multiple pages still show as unread. Thank you!

chris  
Ruth, that "mark topics read" link should be marking every topic in the forum as having been read. I just tried it and it is doing so, and it's not leaving any multi-page topics showing up as not read yet. So I can't recreate the problem you are seeing (unless I am not interpreting correctly).
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

RuthC  
Chris, you are correct. But when I only want only certain posts to be marked as read (without reading them) is there a way? Hope I explained myself better.

chris  
I wish I had a good answer for you - but no as of now the 'mark read' function is a very broad brush; there's no way (other than just clicking the topic link then immediately getting back out of the topic) to selectively mark as "read".
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

RuthC  
That is fine Chris. I just wanted to make sure of what I needed to do in order for them not to show again after reading. I have been going into each post to make sure it does take them as read and if I don't read them all I do check the "mark as read" tab. Thanks a lot. I will continue as I have been. Great job Chris!!!!!!! have a great week!

Return to Forum Usage Q&A