Look at Last Response First

How to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.
RuthC  
Is there a way to go to an "unread post" (I read all unread postings each day) and have the last response for any unread post show first instead of last? I view so many postings it tends to get tiresome to keep scrolling down to the end of each post to get to the last response. If there is not a way, that is ok, but thought I would ask because sometimes the answer already exists and is a "no brainer', but I haven't found it. Thanks!!

Frankly  
Go to "user control panel", "board preferences", "edit display options". There are several options there. One allows the most recent posts to display first.

makbo  
Immediately to the left of each topic with unread posts, there is a little orangeish icon, if you hover your cursor over it, it says "view first unread post". So, when you click on the little orange icon, it jumps you to the first post you haven't yet seen in the thread. No scrolling. There is a database behind this forum system that for each thread and each user, keeps track of what you individually have already looked at.

RuthC  
Thanks so much for the info. Have a great day!

Frankly  
makbo wrote:Immediately to the left of each topic with unread posts, there is a little orangeish icon, if you hover your cursor over it, it says "view first unread post". So, when you click on the little orange icon, it jumps you to the first post you haven't yet seen in the thread.
Clicking the orange icon at the topic level also marks all of the posts in the topic as "read".
I prefer having posts in each topic sorted by post date with the first post at the bottom and the most recent post at the top. Each individual post has its own individual read/unread icon.

Return to Forum Usage Q&A