Cuss words

How to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.
Wiles  
Are cuss words now being asterisked out? Is that a personal setting or is it global to all users?

Test: ****

chris  
yes, but there are only a couple of words in the censor right now. Given the user community we have here I don't think it'll be a problem.
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

chris wrote:yes, but there are only a couple of words in the censor right now. Given the user community we have here I don't think it'll be a problem.

I cannot speak for others but for me I manage to stop most offending language from appearing on line because it takes me significantly longer to type than to blurt out words.

I you were in my home office during the first two weeks of April and October occasionally you would hear a stream of obscenities that would rival Ralphie's "old man" in A Christmas Story. I am trained well enough however to ensure that this happens while I am alone.

Wiles  
Same with me, but sometimes **** happens

Years ago, when the internet was in its infancy (at least for the general public) the good people of Scunthorpe, England got blocked an awful lot, simply by stating their home town.

Return to Forum Usage Q&A