Terms & Conditions

How to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.
makbo  
Chris, great job on setting up the FAQ, the privacy policy, and the terms and conditions. Am I correct that per T&C, I agree to let your firm, Atomized Theory Inc use anything I post here free of restriction for ever and ever, and I also can use my own posted material any way I see fit in the future. E.g., if I put together a tax CE presentation, I can use material I have posted to the forum, right? But your corp can also use it?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I searched and did not find any post with the word "conditions" in it. I have no quarrel with the policy, just want to be sure I understand it.

chris  
Yes, definitely you can use your own content for whatever purpose you wish. The Ts & Cs are essentially the same as from the TA site with the section removed that says you have a reciprocal license to reuse any/all content from this site by simply attaching language that the content originated here. In my opinion, that language was problematic in that members here should not be assigning rights to their own content to any third party (i.e. other members) that way. I'm not sure why Intuit had that language; it may have had to do with the "open wiki" nature of that site, where anyone logged in could edit anything.

My corporation would not plan on reusing this content nor would I plan on commercializing it, other than at some point I may offer a website templating/design service and would like to put an ad for that in the whitespace somewhere. If I ever have free time to do that, which means likely not ;-) Also, that language needs to be there in case the corporation ever did need to transfer ownership of the domain and database.
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

Return to Forum Usage Q&A