Topics in 2 different colors

How to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.
RuthC  
I notice that some of the topics are in a blue color and others are another color. It doesn't appear to be separating the read vs non-read topics. Am I missing something? Also, I can click on the button to mark all topics as "read" but is there a way to select just certain topics that I have read?
Yahoo!!! I am so impressed with this new website. It is so fast to go through. It is just great! Thanks to Chris for this!!!

chris  
Hi Ruth - first, you are very welcome.

Regarding the topic color, etc. The pale blue color of a topic title indicates that you have never clicked on that topic title link. Once you have clicked on a topic title, it is noted as having been visited -- then the color of the topic title font will turn into that brighter blue color. That's really all the logic behind it.

The indicator as to whether you have read the latest posts in any particular topic is the little "piece of paper" icon to the left of the topic name. If you hover your mouse over that it tells you that its purpose is to take you to the first post in the topic that you have not read.
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

RuthC  
Thanks a lot! I learn something every every day!!

Return to Forum Usage Q&A