Will posts to TaxTalkPro be discovereable?

How to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.
Posts to TaxAlmanac are discoverable in an Internet search whereas posts to yahoogroups are not. How will posts to TaxProTalk be handled?
Larry Hess, CPA | Albuquerque, NM | www.LarryHesscpa.com

chris  
Larry, for the technical forums the answer is 'yes' -- once I take the site-level password block off.

For other forums like this usage Q&A section, and the "penalty free zone" for folks off-topic conversations -- no, the search engine bots are blocked from those.

I believe Yahoo disallows Google from indexing their forums more out of distaste for Google rather than any benevolence toward their members.

Once we reach critical mass I will also be installing a custom search engine based on Google's technology, for this site -- this will become the reincaration of the beloved (?) yellow box...
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

Personally, I have benefited from that aspect of TaxAlmanac as I have been contacted several times as a result of my posts. The other side of that coin is that I have learned to be careful that what I say is technically accurate and not personal, political or otherwise controversial.
Larry Hess, CPA | Albuquerque, NM | www.LarryHesscpa.com

Return to Forum Usage Q&A