One Person C-Corporation - Individual ACA Plan

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
wb923  
I've searched and found a lot of threads regarding S-Corps, but can't find information about this situation. Client is a one person C-corporation (no other employees). The shareholder/employee obtained insurance through the ACA individual marketplace and received a 1095-A to be reported on his personal return.

Two main questions: (1) Is the C-corp allowed to reimburse/pay/expense the cost of the shareholder's insurance obtained through the individual marketplace? and (2) Would it matter if the client qualified for subsidies based on his income level (as I didn't think an individual qualified for subsidies if offered insurance through his employer which is what I would assume this is)?

I know the C-corp could expense the insurance if it was a non-marketplace health insurance plan; I'm just not sure about an actual ACA plan.

Thanks for any guidance.

Return to Taxation