Correcting minor preparer mistake to complete a 1040X

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
I have a client who came to me about a minor error on her tax return from another firm. The preparer put on the ACA worksheet no for both questions (most importantly the question that states, person qualified for an exemption or will apply for one as allowed on form 8965) and applied for an exemption on Part III F8965 and attaching form 8965. I asked the client to return on 01/28/19 to determine whether the IRS will reject her return for this mistake or if the IRS will correct it themselves considering the usually fix simple mathematics errors themselves without requiring an amendment. Otherwise, will it be necessary to complete a 1040X and attaching the ACA worksheet with the corrected answer?

Thanks for all the support. Surprisingly for our first year as a new business we are extremely busy.

Return to Taxation