Tax Credit Extenders, etc.

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
COGS  
Well, I have been sitting on a few returns thinking the residential energy improvement credits will be revived.

It looks like nothing is going to happen.

Would it make sense for the knowledge base to list what we don't get this year?

Windows/energy credits
Mortgage Insurance deduction

https://news.bloombergtax.com/daily-tax ... g-all-year

Really....

Grassley, Wyden Introduce 2018-2019 Tax Extenders, Disaster Tax Relief Legislation

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa and Ranking Member Ron Wyden of Oregon today introduced bipartisan legislation to retroactively extend tax provisions that expired at the end of 2017 and 2018 through the balance of this year and provide disaster tax relief benefits to individuals and businesses affected by major disasters occurring in 2018.

https://www.finance.senate.gov/chairmans-news/grassley-wyden-introduce-2018-2019-tax-extenders-disaster-tax-relief-legislation

makbo  
How sad. Why can't the Congresscritters either stand by their original decision to make certain provisions temporary, or have the guts to make them permanent? We get the worst of both worlds. Thank goodness CA doesn't have this problem. For example, they ended the CODI exclusion for qualified principal residence debt several years ago, recognizing that the original need for this temporary provision is long gone.

Thank goodness CA doesn't have this problem.

So true!!! CA really has its act together. Next time I visit, I plan on taking the Bullet Train from Los Angeles to San Francisco…

Return to Taxation