Paying NJ extension or NJ1040 using DIRECT DEBIT?

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
Can taxpayer make the balance on New Jersey Form 1040 through direct debit of the tax program?

Can taxpayer make payment for their extension through direct debit?

I use Drake and they have put the transactions under Transaction Summary. I check the instruction and there seems to be no mention of direct debit as a valid method. Please help.

Nilodop  
Electronic check
Credit card
Personal check or money order
https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxati ... ices.shtml

Thanks for your confirmation. The software shows that the payment will be paid through direct debit. I remember one of my clients received a notice for nonpayment last year. That got me starting looking to the instructions and found what you posted.

I just called Drake software. They insisted that we could paid the extension through direct debit. I am extremely uncomfortable because I do not see anything on the instruction booklet..

Isn't Electronic check and EFT the same thing? Both use the routing and bank account numbers. I'm pretty sure you can use the terms interchangeable nowadays.

Return to Taxation