Congress focuses on major IRS customer service issue

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
makbo  
Taxpayer First Act of 2019 (H.R. 3151)

"The new law requires the IRS to provide helpful information to taxpayers placed on hold during a telephone call to any IRS help line, such as information about common tax scams, information on where and how to report tax scams, and additional advice on how taxpayers can protect themselves from identity theft and tax scams."

Note that nothing was done to actually reduce the amount of time spent on hold. Way to go, Congress!

Nilodop  
I'd prefer music.

dsocpa  
Congress, for the most part, is obviously clueless about the real world......

mscash  
Unless Congress appropriates funds to pay for it, the proposals mean nothing.

EADave  
Oddly enough, I called PPS everyday last week and the hold time average was less than 3 minutes; amazing! Now, ACS is another matter, but they offer a call back service; what?? They auto call you back after a certain period of time so you can go about your busy day. The trick is to be free when they call; drat.

Poor clients though; when they call, it is 2 hours minimum. And, I’m with Len, I like the hold music; man, when that hook comes and then the drums start up, man, it really gets me moving!!!

I usually ask the IRS agent to put me on hold after the call is complete to hear that beautiful tune! Here’s a short sample for the uninformed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0olcSm0mg0

Here’s a short sample for the uninformed.

That’s hilarious. My vote would be for some good ole filthy mouth rap.

Yeah, that would just make me angrier. I really don't want to listen to a bunch of blather, I just want a person on the phone who will help me solve my problem.

EADave  
If someone put this to heavy metal, it would be internet gold.

Return to Taxation