2018 NYS S corp return non resident shldrs withholding

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
Where on a 2018 NYS S corp return would the corp show the total of the withholding payments it remitted to NYS on behalf of the non-resident shareholders, not eligible for composite filing and the amount for each shareholder to claim?

On a 2016 NYS return ProFx created a 3-S Worksheet for each shareholder and page 3 near the bottom (no line number) had a space for payments made on behalf of that shareholder. But even for 2016 I can’t see where the company-wide total for all shareholders is shown and estimated/ext payments shown.

(using Go System for 2018)

Len Raphael
Oakland CA

GSTax tech support, even the really good ones, kept asking me on which NYS form and line did i want the NYS non res withholding remitted by by S corp to show up.

I had a nice chat with a very helpful NYS Pract Hotline person yesterday. She ran it up the flagpole and told me there is no NYS form or line number for it. :) That's why ProFx automatically created a plain paper worksheet with the number on it.

Also found out we had remitted some 300k of estimated non res withholding during the year the wrong way. Supposed to have used a separate NYS withholding form for each shareholder and informed the shareholder within x days of such remittance (plain paper again).

But NYS tech gave me phone number in NYS Dept of Rev to call and ask to have money moved from corp side to the withholding.

Odd for NYS to require PTE to know in advance whether a shareholder would be filing on their own or join in composite. Some other states are like that also but many of them let the PTE move the money around when corp return or composite is filed.

Return to Taxation