efiled via tax software FIN114 got "conditionally accepted"

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
like two of mine via GST, don't believe vendor tech support that you don't have to do anything unless the FBAR Feds send a letter. It means "rejection". Apparently there is no official grace period for resubmitting, but you can select "amended" and resuubmit. GST and I assume the FBAR schema, doesn't provide a place for an explanation.

If you use the govt's FBAR site to efile FIN114, and you submit a batch of FIN114's with some of them prepared incorrectly, they would give you a different error message that's similar to the above one, but would tell.

btw, for the 2017 year I used GST for some FIN114's and UT for some. I did get "conditional acceptance" on one via GST. Didn't amend. Never got a letter. One of the bank accounts was missing a country code. But it was obvious that the address in Montreal was for Canada.

Return to Taxation