C Corp RE on S Corp in year of Liqudation

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
Have an S Corp that previously had a lot in C corp earnings. They have sold everything, we've dealt with BIG tax, FMV of assets distributed as sold etc. All assets are gone but cash.

They distributed more in cash & remaining assets than they had in the AAA account so I believe I have to report C corp dividends for the difference.

1. AAA at sale date is $700,000 but they distributed $900,000 in cash and FMV of assets they kept. There is about $600,000 in C Corp Accumulated E & P. I believe that the $200,000 difference between the AAA and 2019 actual distribution amount has to go against that C E & P and is reported on a 1099-Div. For the dividend portion on the distribution of the C corp earnings would that be box 1 & 2?

2. If we can keep the corporation open into the next year to pay final bills I was going to distribute out the remaining C corp earnings in 2020. Does this also have to be reported as a 1099-Div in box 1 & 2 or as a box 9 Cash liquidation distribution?

Wow, 112 views and no replies. I thought sure there was someone in this group that has dealt with something similar....

Doug M  
What is the basis in the stock (originating, I assume from the C corp)

To clarify, the shareholders received $900,000 in cash plus FMV of assets of $XX,XXX? These assets were treated as a sale on the corp books, right? What was the sales price?

Return to Taxation