Service center for Forms 4810 and 5495

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
Personal representative of deceased taxpayer wants to file Forms 4810 and 5495 for the final Form 1040 that he will be signing. The forms ask for SERVICE CENTER WHERE FILED. Then he is supposed to file those forms with this SERVICE CENTER after the Form 1040 has been filed. But we want to e-file the return. But if I put EFILE in the box, where will the forms be sent to? One option is to paper file the Form 1040. That would make it easy. Or I could e-file the Form 1040, and merely list the service center where the returns would have been mailed as the SERVICE CENTER WHERE FILED.

Just hoping someone has been up against this recently enough to remember how it went down. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks. So these forms ask for SERVICE CENTER. Aren't Fresno and Ogden the only IRS SERVICE CENTERS out west? I am thinking if she e-files, whether she mails returns with a payment or a refund request, since she lives in San Diego, she should probably put Fresno as the service center on the 4810. Too bad the instructions themselves don't answer these questions.

I would put "Efiled" on the form for service center and mail it to the applicable service center in the return instructions...

A California resident would paper file a return to different service centers depending on whether there is a payment or refund/zero balance. Fresno is not the only service center out west, nor is it the only one in the state of California.

Again, look to the back of the 1040 instructions.

Return to Taxation