e filed returns

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
I have several e filed refund returns that are getting returns being processed message on refund status check.
One has been stuck three months.
Any one else seeing this?
Note tax pro help number call volumes hang up.

Thanks in advance.

Steve EA

CrowCPA  
I have one client bugging me about when she will get her refund. I suspect that it is because she has a large EIC this year.

Two cases: $11k refund took 2 months and still waiting on a $70k refund for another client. Nothing funky about the return except big income (around $2,000,000).

lucyko  
I spoke to IRS yesterday on a client who has been waiting for his refund since March 26th (about 2 months ) It was a learning experience for me .

I was told that although return has been accepted for E-File , it had not as yet gone thru IRS cycle of "posted and processed ". He went on further to say that this was because IRS has been basically shut down for 2 months . It was his opinion that it would take another 2 weeks before refund will be issued . He also said because there was a credit for energy efficient improvements this might be holding it up .

Return to Taxation