ATX state extensions

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
CrowCPA  
Does anybody else use ATX? I switched to this last year and in general I like it. It is much cheaper than Profx.

I am having trouble trying to e-file extensions for a client who moved from South Carolina to Georgia. When I go to create the e-file the federal is there but the states are not, even though the forms are right there to view on the screen. I can e-file extensions for Massachusetts and Vermont but can't seem to get these southern states to work. Is Covid-19 causing this?

Those states probably don't allow efile of an extension. Were you able to efile extensions for SC & GA in Profx's 2018 program?
Dave

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. ~ Mark Skousen

mariaku  
Some states (CA) extensions are automatic with Fed extension, unless you owe a payment.

Maria U. Ku, CPA
Oakland, CA

CrowCPA  
Yes, Massachusetts and Connecticut have that too. But this taxpayer owed money to Georgia and has memory issues. Besides that, Georgia has a form for the extension and a separate payment voucher. I really wanted to e-file the extensions. In the end I handled submitting the extensions and mailed to voucher to her and alerted her daughter for hand delivery.

Return to Taxation