NJ NR with Rental Property

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
CA client with NJ rental has net (income less expenses) rental income of $3000 and carryover suspended loss of $5000. AGI over $150K.
For Federal purposes Schedule E net is $0 ( $3000 net profit less $3000 of the $5000 supsended loss). As I understand NJ, there are no carryover suspended losses, so on the NJ 1040NR I would use $3000 rental net profit as NJ sourced income with no offsetting supended loss?

Is this correct?

I didn't see anything in the NJ code indicting NJ decoupled from IRC Sec 469. Do you have a cite for that?

If the prior year loss doesn't carry over for NJ (i.e. it wasn't suspended), does that create NOL for NJ?

I didn't see anything in the NJ code indicting NJ decoupled from IRC Sec 469. Do you have a cite for that?
If the prior year loss doesn't carry over for NJ (i.e. it wasn't suspended), does that create NOL for NJ?

NJ 1040 NR instructions p 31: There is no distinction between active and passive losses for New Jersey purposes.
You cannot carry back or carry forward such losses when reporting income on Form NJ-1040. You can deduct federal
passive losses in full in the year incurred against any gain within the same category of income.

Return to Taxation