IRS refunds delayed this year

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
philly  
I E filed a 2019 1040 tax return for a client in March 2020. The refund was never received by the client. I contacted Practitioners Priority Hotline in June & August. I was told that the return is being reviewed and the IRS will contact the tax payer concerning the refund. To date no refund. The Client wants to engage an attorney. I will try calling the IRS tomorrow.
Does any one have any suggestions ?

jon  
Try the Practitioners' Hot Line again I got through early November and they reviewed all four of my problems with very exacting results. The one was widow filing for the first time as such and they said it was cleared 10/23 and told the refund would get to her sometime within in the next 9 weeks.

HowardS  
Jon...what was the disposition of the other 3? I have clients with March returns still being held up but as an unenrolled preparer the practitioner hotline is not an option for me. It would be nice to know if the logjam is starting to be cleared.
Retired, no salvage value.

I was able to client refund after 9 months by working with the Taxpayers advocate(TAS) office. The tax practioners hotline was the one who sent the 911 to TAS after they ( hotline) sent e mails to IRS processing whom never responded in the required 8 weeks. Suggest you go to TAS.

mariaku  
How does one "go to TAS" please? I'm in the exact same situation - can't call practitioners hotline (it's my adult daughter's return that I did not sign), but it's been held since March.

sjrcpa  
Go to irs.gov and search for Taxpayer Advocate Service.

Return to Taxation