IRS business tax line 800-829-4933

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
utsllc  
Hello,

Is it possible to get a live agent on the phone on their main line? Have been getting the line unavailable ('please call back later or next business day') for a few weeks.

Thank you!

I'm not sure what that phone number is, but if you're a CPA you're eligible to use the practitioner priority line and should definite utilize it -- it's much less wait time than the "main" lines:

866-860-4259

Open weekdays 7am - 7pm US ET. If I need to call, I usually call early in the morning (before 9am US ET) and get someone within a few minutes.

novacpa  
ManVsTax wrote:I'm not sure what that phone number is, but if you're a CPA you're eligible to use the practitioner priority line and should definite utilize it -- it's much less wait time than the "main" lines:

866-860-4259

Open weekdays 7am - 7pm US ET. If I need to call, I usually call early in the morning (before 9am US ET) and get someone within a few minutes.

I called the PPL 6/7 times last week, timed out every time until I selected - the Audit option.
Finally got a live Agent, took 2-hours of dialing, waiting, dialing, waiting.

Call from a GA number. They like us better.

I have connected with a live person to the OP listed number many times over the past 6-months for various firm and client-related issues. Yes, a couple of times I received the same message and could not connect, yet would connect a day or two later -- just be persistent.

I use the practitioner line.
Usually little to no wait when you press 3 for business.
Called for an individual this week (press 2) and had to call Mon, Tues (courtesy disconnect) and again Wednesday, 30 minute call back wait, then a short hold. Keep trying.

Return to Taxation