TX based fiscal year 990-PF with extended due date 5/17

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
Hi everyone,

I have a 990-PF client with a Texas address that is on a fiscal year ending June 30. The return was due on on November 15, 2020, and then I filed a 6-month extension so that the extended due date is May 17, 2021. However, do you think this 990-PF is an affected taxpayer from the Texas winter storm and qualifies for the extended due date of June 15, 2021?

I tried doing some research and even called the IRS, but couldn't get a definitive answer. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Joan TB  
Under section 7508A, the IRS gives affected taxpayers until June 15, 2021 to file most tax returns (including individual, corporate, and estate and trust income tax returns; partnership returns, S corporation returns, and trust returns; estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax returns; annual information returns of tax-exempt organizations; and employment and certain excise tax returns), that have either an original or extended due date occurring on or after February 11, 2021 and before June 15, 2021.

IRS disaster declaration TX-2021-02 dated 2/22/2021
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-announces-tax-relief-for-texas-severe-winter-storm-victims

Joan TB wrote:
Under section 7508A, the IRS gives affected taxpayers until June 15, 2021 to file most tax returns (including individual, corporate, and estate and trust income tax returns; partnership returns, S corporation returns, and trust returns; estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax returns; annual information returns of tax-exempt organizations; and employment and certain excise tax returns), that have either an original or extended due date occurring on or after February 11, 2021 and before June 15, 2021.

IRS disaster declaration TX-2021-02 dated 2/22/2021
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-announces-tax-relief-for-texas-severe-winter-storm-victims

Thank you so much Joan! I saw that too but for some reason was doubting myself, so I appreciate you confirming.

Return to Taxation