Sick Leave Credit - Amended 941

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
IDCPA  
So, I've done a pretty decent job of keeping clients up to date on PPP and ERC and various other tax law changes the past year, but I've been a bit deficient on Sick Leave.

Case in point, office manager for a client asked me a question about her missed hours while she had Covid and the impact that would have on the PPP. I informed her it was irrelevant, but also that she should have been paid for that time and her employer should have received a credit on his 941.

The good news is this time was in Q2 2021, the bad news is she has already filed their 941.

I think we just need to go back and report the sick leave in April, and cut her a check for that time. Then amend the 941 to reflect the additional wages and the credit.

But I'm just wondering if there is anything in that timeline (backdating a paycheck in particular) that should be a concern. Or is there a better way to handle it. I say backdate a paycheck but I'm really going to report the wages in April and rather than cut a net check with an April date, I'm going to use the employee payable account and then cut her the check in July.

Just feels like I'm missing something though. Thoughts?

Return to Taxation