Qualified Sick and Family Leave Wages-941

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
I only have one client that I think may qualify for this so don't want to spend a ton of time researching it if they are not even eligible. Basically, I have a corporation that has owner, his wife and two employees that are paid wages. Wife had bad reaction to covid vaccine in first quarter 2021 and was out of work/hospitalized for a couple of months. Would the wages she was paid while out sick, as well as husbands wages paid while he was out with her, be eligible for this credit? Also, is the total credit equal to the amount of wages paid plus the employer medicare taxes? I know there is a worksheet involved, but just trying to get an overall picture of this.

This is a small business and really has no formal sick/family leave plan. Owner is the only highly paid one in the company. Trying to determine if I can amend first quarter 941 for them in order to claim the credit. Hoping someone has already filed one of these and knows how it works!

Return to Taxation