---> Public Service Announcement <---

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
admin  
Site Admin
This site has always encouraged free thinking and "out of the box" ideas, to help us all learn new approaches to problems and to give our clients the best possible advantage in a system that often seems to be a bit one-sided. Some of the best ideas come from "wild ducks", so I don't want to discount this fact at all.

We always strive to do this, ethically and legally, however.

All I ask on this point are two things:

(a) if you are going to post a theory, make it clear that it is "use at your own risk" unless you can say for certain that you'd put your license on the table to take the position you are asserting - and other skilled preparers would agree with you. I ask that 'theory' debates to be held in the Penalty Free Zone -- not in the main taxation forum.

Moderators will begin deleting posts, or moving threads to PFZ that do not adhere to this request. They will do this without notification.

And, (b) if you see something someone posts that seems like it would put a client or preparer at risk (or circ 230 violation), please point it out in a professional manner and avoid making it personal. If it should be moved out of the main Taxation forum, use the 'report this post' feature to alert one of the moderators.

Thanks.

Jake  
I have always considered anything here is "at my own risk". Free advice is worth what you pay for it. The value is pointing out considerations, regs, etc. etc. The IRS is never going to spare me by a defense that "I read this on taxprotalk.com."

Return to Taxation