ERC CPA Office

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
anepcar  
I don’t know if any one has asked this question, or if anyone has applied for the ERC for their CPA office. Texas governor had placed a restriction on waiting area for office to creat social distancing from March 2020 through March 2021. Our sales to not meet the ERC criteria, but this restriction make us partially shutdown based on the governors orders.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

C Peña CPA, TX

Wasn’t there something in the ERC rules saying even if you were shut down, but could basically continue to work(such as work from home) , then you were not eligible? Sorry, I haven’t looked at ERC in a while, but if that is the case, I don’t think you qualify. If employees are working as usual, clients can sit in their car until called into office. Would have no effect on business.

I would agree.
I'm not aware of a state in which a CPA firm would qualify under the govt shutdown qualification.
~Captcook

TheGrog  
The language when I looked it up was 'more than minimally affected' although that may have changed since. The work from home example either implied or stated that there was no disruptions to the business from the change.

I would think that anybody who isn't a 1040 mill would have trouble claiming they were more than minimally affected though. If your business does the 'prepare the return during the meeting with the client' thing and so would have issues with max capacity & such then that may count.

Return to Taxation