Gift Tax Return Questions

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
I'm currently preparing a Form 709 for a little old lady. She gifted her son money several times during 2021. Also, she writes checks to several different charities almost weekly. Has anyone ever had an issue with just listing the donee once and putting "various" as the date of gift with a total amount per donee?

Other questions are:

1) do I have to list every single one of these charities separately (which I will have to go back and recap, as she gave me a lump sum total for all of the smaller contributions.
2) I do not see where I am required to list son's social security number, correct? A CPE class I took several years ago has the social security numbers listed for individuals in their sample 709's.

with just listing the donee once and putting "various" as the date of gift with a total amount per donee?

That’s fine. But I wouldn’t list the charities at all. We’ve had that discussion. No need to insert SSN’s.

Thank you for the reply Jeff!

Return to Taxation