ERC For Pre-Revenue Company

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
For the life of me I cannot find clear guidance on this. Corporation has been around since 2015, so not a qualified startup, and has no revenues 2019-2021. Strictly for the gross receipts test, would it qualify? Common sense tells me no, it's not a drop, but it has me wondering if there was a loophole.

MilesR  
The gross receipts test needs either a 50% or a 20% reduction in gross receipts depending on the year. Don't see how this can happen comparing 0 to 0. It seems like it would have had no reduction in gross receipts.

Was this 0 revenue corp paying wages though? Shareholder wages in most cases would not qualify for the ERC anyway.

MilesR wrote:
Was this 0 revenue corp paying wages though? Shareholder wages in most cases would not qualify for the ERC anyway.

Yes, plenty of non-shareholder/related party wages.

MilesR  
Is there any way to argue that operations were fully/partially suspended, preventing revenue?

MilesR wrote:Is there any way to argue that operations were fully/partially suspended, preventing revenue?

Yes, working that angle as well, def applies to a few quarters, but not all.

Return to Taxation