Clergy Schedule C and 403(b) - Profx users help

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
JoJoCPA  
A rabbi client of mine retired from the synagogue he had worked at for many years in June 2022. He still performed funerals and baby namings etc throughout the rest of 2022. That income will be reported on Schedule C. Approximately $13K. The pension board that administers his retirement plan told him that he can take the full Schedule C income, less 1/2 SE tax deduction and put that amount into his 403(b) plan before we file his 2022 return and take the full deduction on his 2022 return. I do believe that is true as self-employed ministers are treated as employed by a tax-exempt organization that is a qualified employer for 403(b) purposes.

My question is more mechanical. I use profx. How would I code the return to take the proper deduction? I'm not seeing anything like 403(b) contributions on my software. I can call it "profit sharing plan with 401K feature". That gives me a deduction of $12,081 based on a Schedule C of $13K. Does that sound right? Thx.

Return to Taxation