Transferring PS Property as distribution from another PS

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
lms  
Is there a way for partners to transfer real estate from one partnership (LLC2) deemed to be a capital distribution from another partnership (LLC1) without having to report a taxable capital gain?
Situation - PS/(LLC1) is owned equally by 4 partners with one partner (P1) having large capital account balance. 3 of these partners (P1, P2 and P3) also own another (LLC2) holding real property. The partners in LLC2 would like to give P4 100% of the real property in LLC2 as if it is a capital distribution from LLC1. Would there be a way to do this without any current tax consequence? Note: Even though P4 is not technically an owner in LLC2, the owners externally consider him "like" an owner. They just never did anything formally to add him as an owner.

Nilodop  
Even if they "externally consider P$ to be a partner in PS2, why would P1, P2 and Ps "give" P4 100% of PS2's real estate?

And in what way does P4's ownership in PS1 have anything to do with PS1 giving property to P4?

lms  
All partners agree that they want to give the real estate property from LLC2 to P1 to satisfy a distribution of capital from LLC1.

Nilodop  
Aha! So is it to get them to equal capital accounts in PS1 or to redeem out P1 completely?
Seems like a 731 distribution from PS2 to its 3 partners followed by a 721 contribution by those 3 partners to PS1 followed by a distribution by PS1 to P1.

Without current tax consequence? I'd have to think more about that, which I'll do, but by the time I do, someone else will post chapter and verse for the correct answer.

Methinks the answer is somewhere in this article. https://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/20 ... perty.html

Return to Taxation