filing with NYS charities bureau

Technical topics regarding tax preparation.
I have a client that is a private foundation and needs to file 990-F with the NYS Charities Bureau. It must be done electronically through their portal. The client set up an account with NYS Charities and I have the user name and password but I cannot get into the system. It keeps going to Oracle access manager and I get a message- system failure. Is anyone else encountering this problem?? So frustrating.

Big E  
Account Deactivated
The entity is also supposed to obtain a 6 digit ID number from the Charities Bureau.
It's designed XX-XX-XX
Is it possible that if you don't have that, that's the reason you can't log in?

cpab512  
I've gotten it a few times. I usually have to reload the webpage and it works after that. They've had some issues on their end and have had to call them multiple times.

Thanks so much for the replies. The problem seems to be on their side and aa NYS IT person is supposed to get back to me-fingers crossed -to resolve. I had my IT person involved and it could not be resolved on my side.

I just want to get this return filed !!

Big E  
Account Deactivated
Hopefully you're not sitting on a filing deadline are you?
If you are, then maybe an extension is necessary.

No . There is an automatic NYS 6 month extension so I have until November to file. The 990-F is on extension. I am in the process of retiring and this is one of the last filings I am preparing. This is a small inactive private foundation and has always been a simple filing but as luck would have it it has been a big PIA this year !!

Return to Taxation