Can't login to QB Desktop

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
Andrew  
Intuit has overtaken my access to a Desktop version of QB. I now have to set up an Intuit account to have access to the desktop software that was paid for. Unsettling that a billion dollar company can control access to your own programs on your own computer for which you paid.

Joan TB  
They are not the only ones. TimeSlips by Sage does the same thing. AND I happen to think their program is pretty dang lousy, but it is the one my husband uses for his law practice, so....

Andrew  
For his law practice? I hope his field is in privacy laws so that he can prevent his data from being sold because of using timeslops (Oh, is that a slip or typo?). I can only access my version of the paid desktop software by being forced to sign in in a way so that intuit will set up a turbotax account, a mint account and some other accounts in my name. It reminds of Experian, the business no one signed up for doing business with but for which everyone had been signed up for without their knowledge or consent. Is this legal what Intuit does? Denying access to a paid product which is installed on someone own computer. And the only way the paid product can be accessed is if one signs up for a mint, turbotax and some other account.

I use QB Desktop every single day and do not have to log in with my Intuit account(s) except for payroll and payment connections. My credentials for opening a QBD data file are local, not via Intuit as they are with Lacerte.

JR1  
I'm confused as well. So far, haven't seen a mothership logon for desktop versions. Only online PR, QB online, and ProSeries....
Go Blackhawks! Go Pack Go!
Remembering our son, Ben Jan 22, 1992 to Aug 26, 2011.
For FB'ers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BenRoberts/

PBinNJ  
I'm confused - not unusual. I use QBD 2018 and have prior versons too. Always have to log on with pw and have to change my pw every three months. Been using QB since DOS days and always have had to log on.

If you have buy the QuickBooks Desktop 2018 and you are Administrator. I am sure you are able to recover the password or you can contact to intuit. they will must help you with this.
AG Bookkeeping Services

Return to General Accounting