Any experience w Proper.ai for outsourced rental bookkeepng

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
Couple of clients with a lot of rental units considering outsourcing their bookkeeping to them from inhouse. WB fine by me since they only use cloud ApFolio for tenant transactions and aren't keeping a gl.

Price sounds reasonable.

Corp HQ in Bay Area. Bookkeepers in Mexico City.

They'll use either ApFolio or the other main cloud rental accounting app, Buildium.

Only been around a few years. Worst case I presume they fold and client still has access to ApFolio or the other cloud app.

juro  
hi
Buildium is new to me, & a client is now getting into it, but he has QBO too. Why use both?

Normally there wouldn't be any reason to use Quickbooks w Buildium, Apfolio, Yeardi because they have general ledger and reporting functions.

But today a client of mine gave me a reason to use both: online payment processing.

ApFolio and Yeardi declined to provide online payment processing for my client. They saii they use a national online processing service that in addition to credit checks also runs full background checks on owners of business's applying for payment processing. My client has impeccable credit going back decades. But 15 years ago the spouse plead guilty to a non financial felony, paid a fine, and had to wear an ankle bracelet for two years. No jail time. Both Apfolia and Yeardi told client that the payment processor declined them for processing payments because of unspecified history..

I guess the payment processing co never heard of the idea of not punishing people forever after they've paid the price.

Attorney tells my client nothing can be done unless they wanted to sue and no guarantees there.

Thought is to use ApFolio or Yeardi for the accounting, lease tracking. But use QBO and QB Merchant Servicese for tenant payments.

Very inefficient. Client will need to add a full time person just to coordinate and reconcile payments because they have several hundred tenants. Grrrr

Return to General Accounting