Windows Explorer > Properties > QuickBooks tab missing

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
Wiles  
We recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In Windows 7, we were able to figure out which version of QuickBooks a .QBW file was by right clicking on a file, selecting Properties and then viewing the QuickBooks tab. It appears that tab no longer exists in Windows 10.

I searched the internet and I am having no luck finding any solution for bringing back that tab.

Has anybody else experienced this feature being upgraded away? Anybody have a solution?

makbo  
Wiles wrote:Has anybody else experienced this feature being upgraded away? Anybody have a solution?

I never used it in Win 7, but I can confirm I don't see it in Win 10.

The solution I use is QB File Manager utility, which has been available to Accountant users of QB for many years now. (It always gets installed when I install the new version of QB Premier each year). It works pretty well, it will inventory not only all your QB company files, but portable, backup, and accountant copy files also. Showing size, date/time accessed, and (what you are looking for), the QB version, organized by client folder. I find this very helpful when starting to work with a client's files when I've been away for a year and I've lost track of what copy I have of their data.

I never tried using the Password Vault feature, and I have not been able to get the backup (of File Manager meta-data, not QB company files) feature to work, but for the times I use it, I get everything I need. There are other features as well that I've never tried, such as Batch Update utility.

Return to General Accounting