Repeat QB question

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
I'm still searching for an answer to this QB online issue, maybe it was here that we discussed QB online payments. This is a frustrating issue for me.

I know we talked about this a few months back, but I can't find the discussion. I set up my HOA in QB online, I've got the bank connected, and I just sent a test invoice to myself so I could pay it by pushing the green button. All's good to this point. Problem is that QB doesn't appear to be connected to as many banks as they would like you to think. I tried to enter four of the most common banks in Kona as the source of my payment, and none of them showed up in their list. I checked with the Customer Service Support and the best they can offer is that QB is always updating their list. That might explain why none of my clients have used that feature when I send my invoices electronically. Has this been a problem for anyone else? I know we are a small town in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, but there are small towns in the middle of the mid-west, too. Did QB contract or connect with them? BTW all four of those Kona banks have an internet presence.

I think your old discussion is in the General Accounting forum.

Can you move this one? I don't know how to do that. I could just copy and paste it everywhere until I get a comment, but that would make everyone mad and make me sound so needy. (smiley emoji here - I don't know how to do them either)

CathysTaxes  
I moved it
Cathy
CathysTaxes

makbo  
actionbsns wrote: I set up my HOA in QB online, I've got the bank connected, and I just sent a test invoice to myself so I could pay it by pushing the green button. All's good to this point. Problem is that QB doesn't appear to be connected to as many banks as they would like you to think. I tried to enter four of the most common banks in Kona as the source of my payment, and none of them showed up in their list.

I'm a little puzzled, but also I don't use QBO very much, and not for payments.

Are you talking about QuickBooks Payments?

When my clients pay me, they simply enter their ACH routing number and bank account number, there is no list of banks to pick from. They don't even have to create a login, but they can if they want their info saved.

Thanks Makbo. I think part of the problem was in the settings. I've fixed that. What you say makes sense, but when I send the invoice to myself and then try to pay it, the first step is select a bank, there is no place to enter the routing number and account number. An issue I did find in the settings is that somehow QB has connected my merchant ID number to the HOA QB online data file. My company is not connected at all on line. That's the only thing I can think of that might be causing a problem. I think I'm going to need to spend some time on the phone with tech support, and I hope I can get someone who can actually help me, the last tech guy wasn't very much help. It should be as simple as you are saying.

Thanks, Cathy for moving this discussion.

CathysTaxes  
You're welcome Paula
Cathy
CathysTaxes

makbo  
FWIW, you should be able to log in to the QuickBooks Payments account to manage your online invoices, payments, transfers, etc. For me it is a completely separate login from my regular ProAdvisor login.

I have had problems with QB erroneously linking client licenses to my account many years ago, that no one can ever seem to make go away, so maybe you are experiencing something similar where the HOA and your own account are now linked somehow. The HOA has its own QBO subscription, correct?

p.s. I use the "view new messages in all forums" filter so it doesn't make much difference to me where you post it, assuming the topic is not a complete mis-match

Yes, the HOA has its own subscription, and in fact, it's the only connection I have to QBO, which makes it even more weird. Nothing in the HOA QBO file relates to ABS. They have their own e-mail address, their own ID numbers, my name isn't connected at all. But on the line indicating the merchant account number the program picked up mine, and there seems to be no place where I can edit that or change it. It's the only thing I can identify as a possibility for causing problems with the invoice.

makbo  
I only accept ACH payments vie QuickBooks Payments, so I don't have a "merchant number". I wish I could see the screen you are looking at.

Time to send a test invoice to some other email address.

I finally got hold of a very competent and helpful tech support person. She was great and we are on our way to getting this fixed. Turns out that the merchant number showing on my QBO screen wasn't my number but it was so close, only one number different, that was really bizarre. She then looked at the screens that were causing me fits because it needed to have the bank information, BTW, that is another method of payment Intuit is using and can be handled without an actual merchant number. So I showed her how all four of the most common banks in Kona are not on their list, she had a work around and that's what we are doing now. When that is complete we'll be able to send invoices and have them paid with the routing number and account number like you mentioned earlier, Makbo. Later this year I think we'll set up a web site with something like Paypal attached.

Return to General Accounting