Paying employees below minimum wage

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
The  
I am a payroll processor in the US.
One of my clients who runs a restaurant wants to lower the waitresses wages to below the current minimum wage for our area from what it currently is(Right now there wages are at minimum wage).
My boss wants to keep this client despite my pushback that we pay the minimum wage or else.
Instead he wants to draft a letter stating “hey what you want us do does not follow the law, if you get busted you shoulder all the blame.”

Anyone know if something like this could come back to bite us despite the letter?
Have any effect on my Boss's CPA license?

Thanks

Are you talking about the regular minimum wage or the restaurant minimum wage?

The  
Restaurant Minimum Wage. The location the client is in increased the Restaurant min wage by .15 cents half a year ago. Client no longer wants to pay the waitresses the increased rate.

and consider the question mute. The situation resolved itself.....without more work from me.

Such a letter will likely not help you - in fact, it probably makes it worse because it proves that you willfully took a position that you knew to be wrong. Is the sales income from this client that good to where you would consider being involved with his lawbreaking?

Return to General Accounting