TD BANK new online banking and QBO web connect

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
BFStax  
I exported a .qbo file from TD Bank and tried to import into QB Desktop and received an error saying that "Quickbooks is unable to verify the Financial Institution information for this download. Please try again later"

Has anyone else had this issue or know whats going on? A quick search on the web says that they have been having troubles with QB Online for some time now.

What type of account, individual or business? I have successfully set up business account feeds under their new, consolidated system in QBD, including a long-term loan, LOC, and credit cards.

I have had issues importing .qbo exports from other banks. Cannot recall which one I was battling last week but I gave up.

BFStax  
Business Checking. I also tried connecting directly through QBD using bank feed and it said my credentials were wrong.

makbo  
Is the question specifically about TD Bank, or bank feeds in general?

I routinely import bank feeds (both via .qbo export file as well as direct feed when the bank provides it for free), have not had any problems. Chase, Wells Fargo, First Republic, Discover card, among others.

Are you using a currently supported version of QB? They do keep an updated list of banks for which import is supported, maybe TD Bank dropped off the list?

I've also had to go through a one-time process to re-establish an existing bank feed, such as when the bank itself makes a change to their feed parameters. Instructions were always provided in this case.

BFStax  
The question is specific to TD Bank because I have no trouble with other banks. I import .qbo files from Capital One, Bank of America, and Chase all the time with no issues. I'm using QB 2018. I had no trouble with TD Bank until this week so maybe they were having issues with their exporting.

BFStax wrote:The question is specific to TD Bank because I have no trouble with other banks. I import .qbo files from Capital One, Bank of America, and Chase all the time with no issues. I'm using QB 2018. I had no trouble with TD Bank until this week so maybe they were having issues with their exporting.

Issues popped up about 4-5 weeks ago when TD Bank revamped their online banking into a single point of access, instead of separate online banking for individuals and businesses. That screwed up my feed, which then took me several days of annoyance to resolve. It is working properly.

Did you confirm it is enabled in online banking? Check messages, too, in online banking, as sometimes you need to confirm you want to grant access for the bank feed. The error is often incorrect credentials when a bank blocks the connection until you confirm it is intentional.

Return to General Accounting