QBO custom reports

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
juro  
Just need a Grand total. This shows up only for some kinds of reports.

When I customize a report, I can no longer tell what kind of report it was before I changed it.
So now I went through all the different kinds of reports, but no luck.

juro  
wish there was a way to copy a report, and its format, to another entity that is set up in our QBO system.

makbo  
juro wrote:wish there was a way to copy a report, and its format, to another entity that is set up in our QBO system.

How to share report templates between QuickBooks Online client companies

juro  
thanks, i tried that, but i did something wrong.

all i get is a white page with this message: This c2.qbo.intuit.com page can’t be found

juro  
when i run the report, why is the column all blank for Customer?

in Customize report:
the Filter checkbox is selected.
Select and reorder columns, the Customer column is selected.

in the input screen:
the Customer/Project data field is populated for each & every record, and i used a Project each time.
also, for each & every record, i populated only Category details, but Item details is always blank.

:?:

juro  
another problem:

my custom report shows a bunch of extra rows on top, so my report is now several pages long when it could be only one page.

This only happens when i go to customize report--->Rows/Columns--->Group by--->i choose anything other than Account. For some reason, Account is the default option.

This particular report is the only one of my custom reports that is affected by this problem, because it is a monthly cash receipts report that shows all bank deposits and groups them by date of deposit. My client likes to deposit several customer remittances together in one deposit, and it's been taking me forever to fix the books so that I can finally do a bank rec.

so am am choosing the option of Day in the Group by drop-down menu, and as a result, my report shows several dates from the beginning of the year.

Whether QBD or QBO, their custom reports SUCK. It is easier to throw into Excel and work with the information via Excel to obtain what you need.

I am moving over to AccountingSuite and not only is it cheaper and more functional, the custom reporting capabilities are VASTLY superior. Intuit is becoming an embarrassment.

juro  
my client owns several entities, all set up in QBO.

A few of these QBO entities offer filters for custom reports, but most of these QBO entities have no filters.

How do i get them to all have filters?

A trick i used is to select Balance Sheet, then drill down on an account to get Transaction Report, then go to Customize report, then u see the filters, but only sometimes.

cp_acwt  
Are all the entities set up on the same version of QBO?

juro  
cp_acwt wrote:Are all the entities set up on the same version of QBO?

we are under three diff plans:
QuickBooks Plus, paying $70/month. Vendor bills & filters are allowed. :D
QuickBooks Simple Start, paying $20/month. Vendor bills & filters not allowed. :twisted: :twisted:
QuickBooks Essentials, paying $40/month. Vendor bills & filters are allowed. :D

guess that explains it.

Return to General Accounting